Sunday, July 12, 2009

Practice. Practice. And More Practice



Now that I am in teacher training I have developed a daily practice. I am so thankful for my teacher Sarla Nichols at Midtown Yoga in Memphis. It is because of her high standards and gift of teaching that I finally have my own personal practice that I have always wanted, but I just didn't really know what I was doing. This is a picture of me practicing one of my most difficult postures to do: scorpion. It is an inversion, an arm balance, and a backbend. This is an advance posture and is not to be performed without the aid of a well trained yoga teacher. I am hoping with more practice I will one day be able to do this posture without the aid of the wall. But the good news here is that I am not really attached to the idea that I have to do this posture. I simply show up at the mat each day and watch what unfolds.

Namaste!

No comments: